“Travel is for learning, for fun, for escape, for personal quests, for challenge, for exploration, for opening the imagination to other lives and languages.”
(Frances Mayes, Introduction to The Best American Travel Writing 2002. Houghton, 2002)
I’m Julie A Dexter,
I’ve always been interested in travel and writing. As a child I would document day trips taken with my grandmother – somewhere there lurks a torn page with my seven year old writing on it.
I decided to create this blog to share:
- my writing done whilst travelling and walking.
- Travel narrative, travel writing essays and reports from a variety of sojourns around the world.
- I hope that you feel the journey from the comfort of your chair, wherever you may be sitting.
- Written with a curious eye, a cocked ear, nostrils dilated, empathy blazing, interest aroused.
- Other writing
- Fictional stories have been printed in Creative Week and Tresco Times, an Isles of Scilly Newspaper.
Blog Profile at: